How to choose a wedding professional
Questions to ask a Wedding DJ?
Feel free to print this page and take it to your interview with your Wedding DJ. I hope that this will help you pick the best most professional wedding DJ and you won't get scammed! Feel free to read and print my other wedding questionnaires, listed at the bottom, to use at your other interviews.
- Do you have my wedding date open/available?
- What days around our wedding are you free?
- Do you have a temporary hold on our date?
- Do you have any wedding references that we may contact?
- How long have you been DJ-ing?
- How many weddings have you performed for?
- What is the largest wedding you have entertained?
- What is the smallest?
- How would you describe your style?
- What is your preferred style of music?
- Can you modify the style to fit the mood of the event?
- Are you able to create an elegant setting and then transition or the dancing?
- Is there a way to view you performing live? Maybe visit a wedding you're working?
- How do you work the day of?
- How early will you arrive to set up?
- How much time do you need to set up?
- Have you performed at our venue?
- Are you quick to fix feedback? (the really loud bad sound from speakers)
- Do you have the appropriate equipment to accommodate any venue we choose? Outdoor, high ceiling, all windows, tile floors, ect.
- Are you willing to visit the venue with us if we should decide to use you?
- Can you play the songs that are important to us, such as a traditional Jewish hora tune or a favorite pop hit?
- Do you charge extra for songs that you do not already have in your selection?
- If the style of music we choose doesn’t get people on the dance floor, are you able modify it and learn what the guests want to hear?
- Do you work with a partner or have an assistant?
- What equipment or items will we be charged extra for?
- Do you have the appropriate stand and lighting equipment?
- Do you plan to use lighting or any other special effects? (this could cause issues with your photographer’s photographs or the venue site regulations)
- How do you ensure a comfortable sound level for all the guests?
- What do you typically wear? Can I request that you wear a specific attire, or all black?
- How many hours are included in the package?
- Am I able to add on an hour if the party is still going?
- Are you able to balance the upbeat music with the occasional breather?
- Are you able to announce moments of events and make the roll call, introductions, and so on?
- How many weddings do you typically do in a year?
- How do you motivate the crowd?
- Can you make musical recommendations for our theme?
- How many events in a single weekend?
- What's your sick-day policy?
- Do you have liability insurance? Can you provide a copy of the certificate?
- What's your backup plan if there's an equipment malfunction?
- What packages do you offer?
- What is your deposit?
- Do you have a payment schedule?
- What is the last day you will accept a payment?
- What's your cancellation policy?
- What is the last day that we are able to make changes to our package?
- Is there anything that we can include in our package?
- Is there anything that is not included in our packages?
- Is there anything that would cause an extra fine or fee?
- Can you describe to me a wedding that was not going well at all, where things were going completely wrong? (pause and wait for the answer then ask) What did you do to fix the situation?
- Ask them to give you a second bad situation from a completely different wedding, and how they resolved it.
Questions to ask a Wedding Planner
Questions to ask a Photographer
Questions to ask a Venue
Questions to ask a Caterer
Back to Original Post
P.S. ask the professional if they have been through a bad situation and go into detail about what happened. Then ask them how they handled it, and if you can have that bride’s information. (trip them up more, ask them to give you 2 situations and then ask how did they handle it.)
- - - - - - - - - - ~ - - - - - - - - - -
Check out Timeless Wedding Services here
Have a quick question: Click Email me HERE! and a new email should pop open.
Meet me HERE on my Personal About Page before you actually “meet me” or jump right to setting up a Free Coffee or Consolations Here since I only book 30 Weddings each year.
Desire to see why Bride & Groom’s recommend me. See these Reviews!
Proud Wedding Photographer of Cincinnati, Dayton & Franklin Ohio